Tips for creating a Videocurriculum
1. CREATE YOUR SCRIPT
As in any audiovisual work, a script is the basis of our creation. Take paper and pen and start structuring what you want to say in front of the camera. Remember to be clear and concise.
Follow these three simple steps:
- I introduce myself, who I am, my background, what I do, my current or last professional experience. Summarize this part well, otherwise you'll run out of time!
- My main qualities. This can be the most casual part in which you can show your social skills and even tell some of your hobbies. Try to show yourself as natural as possible so she can see how you really are, your personality. It will be definitive for them to imagine you as part of their team in the pharmacy.
- Why me? Sell yourself well in this part. Comment on one aspect that would differentiate you from other candidates. Véndete bien en esta parte. Comenta un aspecto que te diferenciaría de otros candidatos.
- Why me? Sell yourself well in this part. Comment on one aspect that would differentiate you from other candidates.
2. CREATIVE OR BORING?
The video format is the tool that will allow you to differentiate yourself, so take special care with it. Sometimes a good idea is much more impressive than the quality of the video itself.
Be realistic and think carefully about what you want to show and how you can do it.
3. "A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS": TAKE CARE OF YOUR IMAGE.
Prepare yourself as if you were going to a live interview. A well-groomed image of yourself denotes organization, professionalism and a good impression.
Don't be afraid to put yourself in front of the camera. Let's be positive, you won't have to answer surprise questions. But you should be confident.
4. WE SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE
Watch your communication style, but try to think that behind the camera there is a person with feelings and emotions.
- Try to be sincere and natural: "your face is the reflection of your mind".
- Take care of your tone and vocabulary.
- Be positive.
- Breathe and speak slowly. Do not run, you must have a rhythm.
- Be very clear with your ideas.
- Take care of your non-verbal communication. Your posture and gestures are important. Smile.
- You should be as relaxed and calm as possible.
- Rehearse if you want in front of a mirror.
5. TAKE CARE OF THE TECHNICAL MEANS
We do not need great means to create a video resume. If you opt for a recording, the essential will be a camera and a tripod to help you frame better. Nowadays we have resources such as the Iphone or Ipads that record with a very good image quality.
Take care of the lighting. A very useful tip is to record with natural light using a window as a source. If you don't have spotlights, try to record during the day and near a window.
Choose very well the elements that will appear in the frame. And also look at the background of your "stage. Try to keep it simple and neutral so as not to distract the person watching you.
Elige muy bien los elementos que van a aparecer en el encuadre. Y además fíjate en el fondo de tu “escenario. Intenta que sea sencillo y neutro para no distraer a la persona que te está viendo.
If you make a mistake... repeat, repeat and repeat. repite, repite y repite.
Here is a video on how to make your video resume..